At 12:07 AM 9/20/2001 -0700, Damien Neil wrote:
>I'm not at all certain what to do with things outside the opcodes
>themselves.  The .ops => .c conversion was clearly originally
>concieved as translating one file into another.  In order to dispatch
>ops via a switch, you need to pull out only the function contents;
>this makes the .ops file into a definition of function code only...the
>remainder of the file gets tossed by the wayside.

Actually the ops=>C conversion was conceived to do exactly what's being
done now--to abstract out the body of the opcodes so that they could be
turned into a switch, or turned into generated machine code, or TIL'd. If
you're finding that this isn't working well it's a sign we need to change
things some so they will. (Better now than in six months...)