  DS> I'm also seriously considering throwing *all* PerlIO code into separate
  DS> threads (one per file) as an aid to asynchrony.

but that will be hard to support on systems without threads. i still
have that internals async i/o idea floating in my numb skull. it is an
api that would look async on all platforms and will use the kernel async
file i/o if possible. it could be made thread specific easily as my idea
was that the event system was also thread specific.

as i just got my home boxes reorganized and my wife is actually getting
independent (drives herself now) from her broken leg, i will have some
more time to burn here.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com