  DS> There probably won't be any. The current thinking is that since
  DS> the ops themselves will be a lot smaller, we'll have an explicit
  DS> event checking op that the compiler will liberally scatter through
  DS> the generated code. Less overhead that way.

we talked about that solution before and i think it has some
problems. what if someone writes a short loop. will it generate enough
op codes that a check_event one is emitted? do we always emit one in
loops? what about complex conditional code? i don't think there is an
easy way to guarantee events are checked with inserted op codes. doing
it in the op loop is better for this. or of course, go with an event
loop style dispatcher but then the perl level programs need to be
written for that style.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com