I suspect that it's not that VMS can't handle it- it's more likely that
VMS does a better job of placing quotas on memory usage than other OSes.
There's probably something analogous to "ulimit" which would fix the
issue, but requiring that in order to build parrot isn't really reasonable.

If we can make it take less memory, that'd be preferable.

Though if it's running out of memory on that grep, i hesitate to imagine
what it will do on trying to compile some of those giant autogenerated .c
files.

--Josh