Dan Sugalski wrote:

At 3:27 PM +0100 10/29/02, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

... Can we really
have e.g. odd aligned PMCs on stack? I don't think so. Or am I still missing something?

There was some indication back when this was first implemented that the i386, at least when running windows, could have odd-aligned pointers in stack-allocated data. Nobody was 100% sure, but better safe than not, at least until someone can say definitively that we're being too cautious.
Then lets first test my patch(es) (in a different followup) on all plattforms. If i386/Win really fails, we make some #ifdef.

life.pasm gens 270 => 403 is an argument ;-)

leo