Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:26:39 +0100, Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  > Nicholas Clark wrote:
 >> So I'm confused. It looks like some bits of perl are incredibly sensitive to
 >> cache alignment, or something similar.

  > This reminds me on my remarks on JITed mops.pasm which variied ~50%

And it reminds me on my postings to p5p about glibc being very buggy
up to 2.3 (posted during last October). I came to the conclusion that
perl cannot be benchmarked at all with glibc before v2.3.
There might be additional problems with glibc, but the deviations in JIT code timings are only caused by moving the loop by on byte (crossing a 8 byte boundary).

leo