Luke --

Need it *actually* stick them in the array? Or, could it
just provide an array-like interface to the underlying
registers? Thats cheaper, especially if not all args are
going to get accessed.

Explaining how such a thing works to an optimizer that
wants to know when registers are being accessed, on the
other hand...

IIRC the conventions are set up in such a way that the
PMC would have to know the args prototype to know which
registers to use for each element of the array, whether
copying values from them or just providing an interface
to them.

Regards,

-- Gregor

--
Gregor Purdy                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Focus Research, Inc.               http://www.focusresearch.com/