Jeff Clites <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did a bit more digging on this test failure, and I think it's an
> "infant mortality" case--it looks like creating the large string might
> be triggering a DOD run which is freeing the hash. Just dumping the
> hash before and after creating the string demonstrates (by crashing
> during the second dump):

Thanks for investigating it.

> What's the preferred way to prevent this in tests?

I have put now the test in its own sub. So it should be sure that
interpreter->lo_var_ptr (the stack limit for trace_system_stack) is
above the auto _hash variable.

Another possibility is to use the scheme I implemented in t/src/basic_3.
This needs some polishing thow - but it works :-)

> JEff

leo