At 01:45 AM 11/17/2003 +0000, Jonathan Worthington wrote:
> I've attached a couple of working samples.
Please may I suggest/request that you pop them in the imcc/examples
directory?  There's very little in there as it stands; it'd be nice to at
least put examples in that demonstrate things that are going into IMCC from
here on.  :-)

Absolutely, I'll do that.

<snip>
>   i = 7
>   $I1 = 8
>   s = "nine"
>   I0 = _foo(7, 8, "nine")
Please can you explain to me why that last line is not:-
I0 = _foo(i, $I1, s)

You are correct. I was just toying around with variables and constants and happened to leave that sample as it was when I last tested it. I'll fix it before I commit it.

<snip>
>    .pcc_begin_return
>    .return 10
>    .pcc_end_return
If you're plan is "hiding the Parrot calling convention implementation
details", should that just not be
    .begin_return
        .return 10
    .end_return
Or is there any reason not to do:-
    return (10)

Absolutely correct.

I guess it might not be apparent that I'm phasing stuff in/out little
by little. I can't remove the .pcc* directives right now as that will
break existing compilers, and I don't typically have the time
in one sitting to do a full sweep and implement all the features,
so I try to do my commits at logical stopping points and add
features in digestible quantities.

If I try to implement too much at one time, there is high probability
that I'll either break existing stuff, or get so far down the path,
then someone will submit a huge patch that won't be compatible
and I have to backtrack. I try to sync up daily. That is just my style,
which is why you will see me frequently commit unimplemented stubs or
messy code with FIXME comments all over the place.

My apologies in advance if I'm way off on any of this stuff.

Nope, you are right on, you're just looking ahead, which is good. :)

-Melvin