Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'll check in a test if malloced memory is executable RSN.

The check is in. On fedora, the Configure line of JIT should have

  (has_exec_protect yes)

If that's ok, some define in a header should be set.

We currently seem to be missing a general solution to just define some
item, the feature.h approach is almost overkill for such simple
defines.

I'd go with something like what's currently being done with the headers:

  if $PConfig{h_*} is defined a PARROT_HAS_HEADER_* is set.

So for example:

  if $PConfig{d_*} is defined PARROT_HAS_* is defined to 1 else to 0

into a new generated include file, e.g. defines.h, which is included
from config.h additionally to features.h.

leo