  DS> (This is one of those cases where I'd really prefer for force
  DS> everyone doing thread work to have to work on 8 processor Alpha
  DS> boxes (your choice of OS, I don't care), one of the most vicious
  DS> threading enviroments ever devised, but alas that's not going to
  DS> happen. Pity, though)
  >>
  >> single cpu lsi-11's running FG/BG rt-11 doesn't count? :)

  DS> Given that it's not a SMP, massively out of order NUMA system with
  DS> delayed writes... no. 'Fraid not.

bah, humbug. then dec lied in their marketing crap.

actually i think there were SMP pdp/lsi-11 systems but i never had one.

tonight i happened to drive by the apartment where 20 years ago i lived
alone with an lsi-11 box that my employer lent me (cost $10k!!). did my
thesis on it. times have changed a little.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com