I saw the report that Jako wasn't working right with the latest
Parrot, so I went to investigate.

I was running the various languages/jako/examples and I ran
across this oddity (after doing a fresh 'make' of Parrot and
in the languages/jako directory):

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$ ./jako examples/fact.jako
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$ ../../parrot examples/fact.imc
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$ ../../parrot examples/fact.pasm
Algorithm F1 (The factorial function)
    Calculating fact(15) = ...
    ... = 2004189184
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$ ../../parrot examples/fact.pbc
Algorithm F1 (The factorial function)
    Calculating fact(15) = ...
    ... = 2004189184
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$

I find it odd that turning Parrot loose on the .imc file has a
different outcome than turning it loose on the .pasm and .pbc
files generated therefrom. The makeology responsible for those
files prints output like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$ make clean
rm -f examples/*.imc examples/*.pasm examples/*.list examples/*.pbc
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$ make examples/fact.pbc
/usr/bin/perl -I lib jakoc examples/fact.jako > examples/fact.imc || (rm
-f examples/fact.imc && false)
../../parrot -o examples/fact.pasm examples/fact.imc || (rm -f
examples/fact.pasm && false)
../../parrot -a --output-pbc -o examples/fact.pbc examples/fact.pasm
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jako]$

Any thoughts on whether or not this would be my fault somehow?

Regards,

-- Gregor

--
Gregor Purdy                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Focus Research, Inc.               http://www.focusresearch.com/