At 8:04 PM +0200 4/6/04, Jens Rieks wrote:
Hi,

sorry, this message was meant to go to chromatic only.
I modified my mail client setting to automatically add the mailinglist address
some weeks ago, I should revert to the old settings :-)

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 19:46, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 At 7:42 PM +0200 4/6/04, Jens Rieks wrote:
 >What do you think about a hash interface for event handling?
 >
 >   newsub key, .Sub, _key_x
 >   app["SDLK_x"] = key

 I think... I think I need to get cracking on the event handling spec.
 I'd prefer SDL to use parrot's built-in event handling system, but
 for that to happen we first have to *have* a built-in event handling
 system...
SDL events are meant, I proposed the hash-like access to avoid problems with
constants.
Will parrot's event handling mechanism also apply to "foreign" event sources
(also QT, GKT and others)?

Yes. What I ultimately want is a single unified system that handles all asynchronous things, including timers, signals, and IO. (And events from a windowing system count as IO, at least to me)

I think I have a scheme or, rather, I have a scheme that I think will work, but needs a little fleshing out. Got a few other things to take care of first, then I'll get a discussion of this going and we can see where we go from here.