Matt Fowles wrote:
I thought that subversion was tried for use with Parrot and found
unexceptable for some reason a while back.  I am not trying to
discourage you guys...  I personally prefer svn to cvs, but I think it
would be wise to determine of those problems still exist.

IIRC, we tried it for ponie, and the problem was that it took an insane amount of time to perform a simple checkout or update operation. But that was largely because of the combined girth of Parrot and Perl 5--Parrot by itself should be much more manageable.

Not to say that Subversion might not still be too slow for Parrot--just that we can't be sure it is until we try, and this seems like a much wiser way to do so than converting the master repository.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.