On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:20:14 -0400, Michael Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm not very clear on the situation in Parrot with having multiple
> interpreters running in the same process.

Entirely possible.  In fact, each thread in a process has its own interpreter.

> I know that Lua has this
> capability and that it's considered to be one of its major advantages
> over Python.  If Parrot is being designed with this capability, then,
> presumably, more care needs to be taken with the ownership and locking
> semantics (if any) of tables like this.

I would assume (hope) that these tables would not be allowed to change
once Parrot started using them.  It seems like an extremely dangerous
thing to have two calls to read() be performed by different functions,
after all.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

There is no cabal.