Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Now, with that out of the way, let's talk about overlaid namespaces.
>
> I don't think I ever read a description of what the purpose of this was.
> I get the "what" but not the "why". Without the "why" it's hard to
> critique the "how".

Clearly I'm not Dan, but I think the idea here is that, for example,
in the following code:

module Foo::Bar {
    class Baz { $quux }
}

You can have "the current namespace" actually be [ ::Foo::Bar::Baz,
::Foo::Bar, ::* ] (or, for the last one, whatever the namespace that
@*ARGS and friends are in is called), so that the search for $quux can
be done very easily.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

There is no cabal.
[I currently have a couple Gmail invites--contact me if you're interested.]