On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 15:04 +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Quite a lot of us would just like parrot COMPLETE and CORRECT before
> starting to put a lot of effort into how fast it is.

I'd settle for it compiling (#32514).  If not for the broken build, I'd
have poked at three or four small TODO items and bugs in the past couple
of weeks.

An appropriate hierarchy of c-words is:

        compiles -> correct -> complete -> competitive

First, Parrot must build on important platforms.  Then it must pass the
tests.  Then it must have all of the important features for the current
release.  Only then (and maybe not even then, maybe for a future
release) does it need optimization.

-- c