Graciliano M. P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I'm thinking is that in Parrot, as is in Perl, we have dynamic data
> structures, like dynamic HASH and ARRAYs, with SCALARs that can grow as they
> want. To write our code this help a lot, but some parts of our algorithms
> need memory and speed, specially if we are working with big matrix and hash
> tables.

In Perl 6, you'll be able to get an array with a compact
representation by using a lowercase type name with it:

    our bit @array;

At the Parrot level, this would probably be represented by a PerlBitArray PMC.

You can also get at a C-level struct using the ManagedStruct and
UnManagedStruct PMCs, though access is a bit clumsy IIRC.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

"I might be an idiot, but not a stupid one."
    --c.l.p.misc (name omitted to protect the foolish)