On 12 Apr 2005 09:44:08 -0000, Leopold Toetsch via RT <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> win32.
>
> Are there more Win32 libs that have the same naming conventions:
>
> unixish: win32:
> libSDL SDL
>
> The question is, if the dynext loader should try to strip "^lib" off the
> library name.

 the convention on windows is not to include the "lib" prefix, however there
are exceptions. notably, the windows svn client, and trillian, my irc
client. centralizing the logic of loading libraries so it Just Works on any
platform makes sense to me. this should follow for other conventions on
other platforms, as well. i dunno what macOS and os2 do.
 and then i could stop patching runtime libraries and move on to something
more exciting :)

> leo

 ~jerry