On Tuesday 12 April 2005 21:06, Solinski, Mark wrote:
> > Following the instructions in README.Win32 (which has been successful
> > for me in the past), no longer works successfully.  First, I cannot
> > run Configure.pl successfully; it complains about --icudatadir not
> > being defined (again not one of the --icu* options mentioned in
> > README.Win32 AND not necessary before).  Defining --icudatadir, I now
> > get the following error during make:
> >
> > Src\string_primitives.c(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
> > file: 'unicode/ucnv.h': No such file or directory
With which command line arguments is the compiler called?

> > I had defined --icuheaders in my call to Configure in whose directory
> > 'unicode/ucnv.h' does exist.  Does this mean that Configure is
> > ignoring --icuheader or --icuheader is ignored in the build of the
> > file above?
Configure.pl does not complain about missing headers, does it?

Can you please retry with the latest version of parrot (>= r7817),
run Configure.pl with --verbose-step=ICU and provide its output?

> > Has anyone successfully built Parrot on Win32 (MSVC 13.10.3077)
> > recently?
No, but I tried it on an old Win98 box with VC6 or so, it worked there.
(The problem though was that each time parrot is invoked, "No such file or
directory" appears in the output, but the result looks okay nevertheless -
have to dig into it another time...)

> > Mark Solinski
jens