I have been trying to examine the i386 code generator to see how feasible it
would be to create an AMD64 code generator.  Unfortunately, the code is
uncommented, and I haven't yet found any documentation to explain how it works
on Parrot.  So far I've determined there's relevant stuff in jit/i386.  I don't
understand the .jit extension on core.jit.  Is that not actually heavily
templated C code?

I'm curious if there's other sources to study.  Preferably, I'd like to get some
advice on how to study this code generator so I can at least improve it.  I'd
prefer to become knowledgeable enough to add an AMD64 generator sometime.
However, I'll gladly advise only if somebody has already started it.