I've got a few source cleanups in mind, and I figured I'd share the ideas
I have kicking around my head, and ask if anyone else has been thinking of
cleanups as well.

Note that I don't want to make the eventual STM merge more difficult than
necessary, so I don't think we can make these cleanups yet, particularly
because these cleanups are mostly around the interpreter structure, which of
course is everywhere.

Ideas I've got:

   * standarizing on "interp" or maybe even "intr" as the interpreter
     variable, for brevity & consistency

   * a macro for declaring the interpreter argument, and maybe a macro for
     passing it

      (BTW, our Perl experience teaches us that somebody is going to
       want to make the interpreter a C++ object for Windows environments,
       and it wouldn't hurt to make that possible, or at least work in that
       direction, as long as clarity doesn't suffer)

   * eliminating the CONTEXT(interp->ctx)->foo usage in favor of the
     much simpler interp->ctx->foo , or similar simplification

   * automated processing that would make a macro to let us write
        somefunc(interp,a,b,c)
     while the linkage is
        Parrot_somefunc(interp,a,b,c)
     for namespace cleanup

Once the STM merge is done, I will enjoy crying "Havoc!" and letting slip
the cage cleaners of war.
--
Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>