On Tue Jan 23 14:20:21 2007, particle wrote:
> when compiling src/pmc/pmethod.c, cl has a few warnings:
>
> src\pmc\pmethod_test.c
> D:/usr\local\parrot\bug\tools\build\../../lib\Parrot\Pmc2c\Utils.pm(1096)
> : warn
> ing C4102: 'test_method0_returns' : unreferenced label
> [snip]
> it seems the pmc2c code for PMETHODs is generating some unnecessary
> code.
> ~jerry

In r16676 on January 17, approximately 375 lines of code -- including the code
cited above
-- was added to lib/Parrot/Pmc2c/Utils.pm.  This code was added after my new
submission
of Parrot::Pmc2c::Utils was accepted.  The submission increased the number of
lines in that
package by approximately 26%.  However, the new code was committed to trunk
without
having new tests written for it.  Along with my original submission, I provided
a test suite in
t/tools/pmc2c/utils/ which demonstrated that code's validity.

I would recommend that the additional code in Parrot::Pmc2c::Utils be backed
out of trunk
and developed, along with corroborating tests, in a branch and only committed
to trunk
when it has passed appropriate tests.

kid51