The POD for config/init/miniparrot.pm states:

Modifies settings to match miniparrot (ANSI C Parrot)'s needs.  This step
primarily overwrites a lot of settings in the Configure database to disable
JIT and *match ANSI characteristics* (emphasis added).

How this package disables JIT is fairly self-evident because the attribute
names are self-
documenting:

        jitarchname        => 'nojit',
        jitcpuarch         => 'i386',
        jitcpu             => 'I386',
        jitosname          => 'nojit',
        jitcapable         => 0,
        execcapable        => 0,
        cc_hasjit          => '',
        TEMP_jit_o         => '',

But it's not clear how one can validate that the result will "match ANSI
characteristics."  Is
there any link we could place in the POD that would show which ANSI C
characteristics we
need to have miniparrot match?

We could then think up some tests for that.  Thank you very much.

kid51