I think it should be something like this:

      /* RT46099 Check we don't already have this parent. */

         /* If we have already added a method with this name... */
        if (VTABLE_exists_keyed_str(interp, _class->all_parents,
VTABLE_name(interp, parent))) {
            real_exception(interp, NULL, E_NotImplementedError,
                "This class already has this parent.");
        }

can't test this, parrot does not build in pdd15 branch.
it should be more or less like this, based on impl of add_attribute.

the headerfile classobject.h is missing in the branch, while it is there in
trunk. Is this right?

btw, the type of exception should be changed, also for other methods.

hth
kjs