Paul Cochrane via RT schrieb:
On Fri Nov 17 14:17:18 2006, particle wrote:
~ all but one test have been adapted for and moved to t/codingstd/
~ remaining test is for not-yet-approved codingstd item

The remaining test complains about more than one '.' in a filename and filenames which don't conform to the 8.3 format.
I have talked to some VMS people at YAPC::EU 2007.
For them the "more than one '.'" issue was a real problem, that
they had to  work around before even creating a Makefile.

Regards,
 Bernhard
My feeling is that these should be guidelines but are not strict enough for a test. What are people's feelings? Allison: do you wish to make a decision about this particular coding standard item?

Anyway, can this file (check_source_standards.pl) be removed and this ticket closed?