On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 12:55:19AM -0600, Andy Lester wrote:
> http://use.perl.org/~pmichaud/journal/35272
> http://perlbuzz.com/2008/01/flurry-of-perl-6-activity-picks-up-new-contributor.html
>
> Lots of cool stuff is going on, and I'm so so glad to see it.  I'm
> thinking of making a Perl 6-specific column in Perlbuzz, because I'd
> like to have a one-stop shop for Perl 6 / Parrot news for those that
> want to follow, and I don't want to keep posting progress stuff in the
> main Perlbuzz column.
>
> If I created http://perlbuzz.com/perl6andparrotprojectupdates or
> something similar, do you think there'd be enough to fill the pipe?

I don't really have a direct answer to your question, but did
want to point out the Planet Perl 6 and Planet Parrot aggregators:

    http://planetsix.perl.org/
    http://planet.parrotcode.org/

If most of the progress stuff would tend to appear under these
aggregators (or could be easily made to do so), then it might save
you some work to just point to those.  But if there's additional
news that can't easily be captured by those aggregators, or if
there are other advantages to having something closely
affiliated with Perlbuzz, then another column might be worthwhile.
(Of course, if you create a new column then it should probably
become another input to Planet Perl 6 and/or Planet Parrot.  :-)

As for the articles that I've been writing, I'm trying to include
as much progress and update news into them as I reasonably can,
with links to other articles and resources.  In some sense I'm
starting to view my posts as something of a reprise of the "This
week in Perl 6" summaries, except I tend to focus on perl6 and Parrot
news and don't really cover the wider scope of Perl 6 news like
Pugs, kp6, language design, etc.  But whenever something
of importance comes up, I try to include a reference to it in
my journal post.

As I said, I'm not sure this really answers your question, but
maybe it helps provide some additional information.

Pm