Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not clear on why we need to reserve 'if', 'unless' and 'null' either,
since they never appear in locations that could be confused with variables.

there's not a strict reason, no. In fact, it would be possible to allow
them, although the implementation of that will require a number of special
cases in the grammar (but doable, as far as my experiments showed me).

We're marking them as a special case now to treat them as reserved words.

The
only concern would be (as Andrew indicated as well), that you could write:

if null null goto goto

if you had declared null and goto as .locals.

That's more of a stylistic custom than something to enforce in the parser.

But, like I said, this definitely isn't an urgent modification, just a general matter of clarity and consistency in PIR.

Allison