On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Christoph Otto via RT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri Jun 27 13:14:53 2008, coke wrote:
>>
>> While I think this particular example is now valid with the new calling
>> conventions, you can get a similar effect with:
>>
>> METHOD BORK BORK parent() {
>>   /* nothing to see here*/
>> }
>
> This ticket doesn't seem to be closeable as is.Would it be good enough
> if pmc2c.pl spit out an error on the above definition, or is this even
> something that pmc2c.pl should be concerned about?

The goal of the ticket should be for pmc2c.pl to entirely parse the
input PMC files. Either passing through uncooked C, or doing
transformations. Silently dropping code on the floor is not
acceptable.

The script should either pass this through to the .c file (in which
case the build will fail when a c compiler looks at it), or the
transformation should error out.

In either case, the build stops, and the developer knows they need to
fix the METHOD declaration. I slightly prefer having the
transformation step fail because then we can emit a more helpful error
message about the METHOD signature, but if it's easier to just let it
passthrough, we can do that and close the ticket.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda