NotFound wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
chromatic wrote:
That C string leaks.  We should have a diagnostic printf which supports
the %Ss format we use in exception formatting strings.
We have one, it's called PIO_fprintf. But, it's only used once in the
repository, in an STM macro.

We have more: PIO_printf, PIO_eprintf, Parrot_printf, Parrot_eprintf
and Parrot_fprintf. The Parrot_ ones are a wrapper around the PIO_s,
with added check for extern usage, and that does not need #include io
files.

Yes, to be more accurate, we have a whole range of PIO functions. But, the fact that they're used so rarely makes me doubt whether they're particularly reliable.

The eprintf ones are adequate for diagnostic messages. But note that
his usage with a NULL interpreter argument is flawed, only adequate
for plain strings. But if you have a parrot string surely you have a
parrot interpreter.

Aye, that part shouldn't be a problem.

Allison