Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

I'm not sure about this last comment -- I think I can imagine
that other language implementations (including new ones we haven't
thought of yet but suddenly becomes possible with Parrot) might want to make use of gather/take semantics if they're readily available --
especially because they can be very hard to otherwise
implement when they're not readily available.  And compile-time
constants are pretty cheap.  :-)

Absolutely. But for that it shouldn't be called "CONTROL_TAKE", because that's meaningless outside Perl 6.

So, I think we can't always say "oh, only one dynamic language
needs this feature so it shouldn't be global" -- we need to also
consider those dynamic-languages-yet-to-be-written because Parrot
is such an incredible platform for creating them.

Yes, that's not the principle. The principle is that global things should be language-agnostic, and not use terminology that's confusing to all the other languages.

Allison