On Thu Sep 18 08:52:10 2008, julianalbo wrote:
> I changed the fix in r31230 to allocate char instead of char *,
> adjusted the formula for buffer size and added a comment explaining it
> to lower the level of black magic, and added a check for each item,
> dropping the XXX comment that asked for it.
>
> I hope this is enough understanding of the error ;)

Thanks.  I think neither of us read the code quite correctly, but your
patch was a significant improvement.  It also fixed a hard-to-reproduce
bug that GeJ was running into on FreeBSD 7.1.
In looking at the code, I can see some ways to make the test more
comprehensive.  I'm going to reopen it as a way to remind me to write
some more exhaustive tests which exercise sub signatures as well as sub
calls.