Christoph Otto (via RT) wrote:

In response to a question about comparison operators in Pipp*, Allison suggested that I add a variant cmp VTABLE function which returns a PMC instead of an INTVAL. This patch adds such a function, named pmc_cmp. It's named pmc_cmp rather than cmp_pmc to try to avoid confusion with the other cmp_* functions, since the type name in this function name refers to the return type rather than the argument type.

Hmmm... we don't use that convention anywhere else (putting the type first to indicate that it's a return type, rather than an argument type). The closest we come is the 'get' and 'set' vtable functions which are 'get_<returntype>_keyed_<argumenttype>'. The 'shift' and 'pop' vtable functions both use 'shift_pmc' and 'pop_pmc' to indicate that the return type is a PMC. So, let's stick with 'cmp_pmc' for this one.

Otherwise, thumbs up, looks great!

Allison