Will Coleda via RT wrote:
On Wed Oct 24 13:52:33 2007, pcoch wrote:
In t/src/ro.t there is the todo item:

# XXX: should this work?

and the related pir code:

# three = 4 # should fail -- is that what we want

The question is: is the behaviour encapsulated in the test actually what we
want?

This test is in t/pmc/ro.t, not t/src/ro.t

The question can be summed up as: when marking a container PMC as readonly, should that make all the PMCs that are contained readonly as well?

If so, we need to make that work (and add a test for at least a hash-style one as well), and if not, we can reverse the sense of the todo test and enable it.

I seem to remember a discussion where it was mentioned that marking a container read-only should be shallow, but I couldn't find it in the irc logs. Has a decision been made on this?