On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 05:16, Andrew Whitworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM, via RT Jerry Gay
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > # New Ticket Created by  Jerry Gay
> > # Please include the string:  [perl #60624]
> > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
> >

> > from DEPRECATED.pod:
> >
> >  =item PARROT_API changes to PARROT_EXPORT [post 0.8.1]
> >
> >  The PARROT_API name suggests something that is not the case yet.  This
> > will
> >  become PARROT_EXPORT after November 2008 release.  (We will reintroduce
> >  PARROT_API on specific functions where appropriate post 1.0.0.)
> >
> > this is the rt tracking ticket. the work has begun in the api2export
> branch.
>
> Is this the only purpose of the branch, to change PARROT_API to
> PARROT_EXPORT? If so, it seems like it could be done in a single sed
> job and not need an entire branch for it.
>
> --Andrew Whitworth

yes, that's the purpose. however, it can't be done until after release, it
must be tested on multiple platforms since it affects the build, and some
files (like NEWS and DEPRECATED.pod) don't change. the branch will likely be
merged with trunk today or tomorrow. it builds on windows, and i will test
it on linux now.

branches are cheap.
~jerry