On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:51 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(via RT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> This bug has been around for a while, but I've been too lazy to report it :)
>
> My build tools automatically run a 'make realclean' if I type 'rebuild' in a
> directory with a Makefile.  If you do that in languages/perl6, you can no
> longer run "make" in that directory.  Doing an "svn up" doesn't help.  Going
> back to the top level and running a 'make realclean && make' also doesn't
> help.
>
> I know of no way to recover from this aside from doing a fresh checkout.

Rerunning Configure.pl will recreate the language makefiles, but it's
overkill: Here's a snippet that does it:

perl -Ilib tools/dev/reconfigure.pl --step=gen::languages --languages=perl6

Tcl avoids this by having its own Configure.pl that does this one step
to generate a new copy of the Makefile.

http://code.google.com/p/partcl/source/browse/trunk/Configure.pl

So, in languages/tcl, you can do "make realclean; perl Configure.pl && make"

Regards.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda