Jonathan Worthington wrote:

I'm curious - is anyone else doing a HLL on Parrot that uses morph? If nobody is, is it worth spending time on, or even worth keeping?

'morph' was added specifically for the Perl 5 behavior of changing types when assigned to. But really, a more accurate representation of Perl 5 behavior would be to have a single Scalar PMC that can act as a string, int, or number.

So, yes, it's possible that 'morph' could be deprecated. It needs a review of current uses to make sure that they're either unnecessary (most examples I've seen are), or can be cleanly substituted with something else.

Allison