On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:42:50 -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:

>>But the OS's idea of the epoch is global!
>
>No, it isn't!  On Mac OS, I can change my epoch by changing my time zone.
>If it is harcoded into Config.pm, I am fucked.

This is bad. That system is broken. ;-) I guess that it's the same
situation on MS-DOS, since there the hardware clock is usually set to
local time. It could even happen on Win32?!?

This surely was a bad design decision from the hardware guys. Very
shortsighted.

Anyway, I think that on such systems, globaltime() is derived from
localtime(), not the reverse.

--
        Bart.