Peter Scott wrote:
> Redirected to -errors to save a thousand eyeballs.

(I hope I'm on that list; please Cc me if not...)

> > > I find it quite intuitive :-)
> >
> >I note the smiley.
>
> It works without the smiley too.

Then you have the intuition of an Ascended Master.[1]

> > > What interpretation should be placed on statements in the try block
> > > following a catch block?
> >
> >Whatever you want.  I can think of three possibilities.
>
> That's the problem.  Only one of them will be right.

Only one of them needs to be right.  As long as one is right,
there is no problem.

Scenario A:

        {
                fatal_instinct();
                catch { punt };
                risky_business(); # SYNTAX ERROR!
        }

Scenario B:

        {
                fatal_instinct();
                catch { punt };
                risky_business(); # exceptions ARE CAUGHT by catch above.
        }

Scenario C:

        {
                fatal_instinct();
                catch { punt };
                risky_business(); # exceptions are NOT CAUGHT by catch above.
        }

Which semantic is "best" is moot.

--
John Porter