> What sets Ruby apart is a clean and consistent
> language design where everything is an object.

I like this part. Assuming I ever finish my last RFC I'd like Perl to
have embedded objects as well. The difference being Perl's wouldn't get
in the way, unlike Python's.

Of particular interest seems to be this link:

   http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/compar.html

Which has a somewhat poignant analysis of Perl's OO:

   Ruby was a genuine easy-to-use object-oriented language from the
   beginning; whereas Perl's OOP features were added to non-OO Perl,
   so that these features are (unlike the rest of Perl) very clumsy
   and hard to use correctly and effectively. For many people and
   purposes, Ruby is a better OO Perl than Perl.

And then there's the lexical variable issue too:

   The default variable scope rules for Ruby (default: local) are
   much better suited for medium-to-large scale programming tasks;
   no "my, my, my" proliferation is needed for safe Ruby programming

Food for though at least.

-Nate