Glenn Linderman wrote:

> > qc( Here's a quick comment which actually contains
> >     qc( another comment )
> >     within it
> >   );
>
> This type of comment will not comment out arbitrary text.
> In particular, it might have problems with text containing
> mismatched (){}<>.

This is already an issue with the existing q.() operators  --
which is to say, I don't think it's something we need to worry about.
That's not to say that we shouldn't have multi-char q.() delimiters;
being able to say qq({ })  might be nice, for example.

Also consider the impact of Unicode, which will allow any reasonable
pair of matching Unicode characters.  I.e. instead of multi-char,
think wide-char.

> And yet using non-paired
> delimiters doesn't allow commenting out comments.

Since what I think this means is false, you probably mean
something else...

--
John Porter