  UG> dispatch  - discuss support of the multiple ways to control
  UG> dispatching of perl ops (event loops, threads,
  UG> co-routines, etc.)

  UG> the dispatch list should eventually split off lists that focus on
  UG> the semantic details of each technology. the final RFCs from those
  UG> lists will be coordinated and hopefully presented as a unified
  UG> design of the control flow of Perl.

  CF> Why is this not -internals?

because it is very tricky to isolate flow control issues to pure
language or internals. my plan is to do as many language flow rfc's as
we can and then move the list (or a clone) to the internals. knowing all
the needed language features helps design the op disptach mechanism to
support them and that affects how the different techniques interact with
each other. i just think it should start in the language world first and
migrate to internals later once we have a proper set of rfc's.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting