Bart Lateur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>Given that the default action of the multiply routine for an array in
>>non-scalar context would be to die, allowing user-overrides of the
>>functions would probably be a good idea... :)
>
>[Is this still -internals? Or should we stop CC'ing?]
>
>One problem: overloading requires objects, or at least one. Objects are
>(currently) scalars. You can't make an array into an object.

We are thinking of adding "objects" in the implementation of perl.
i.e. perl's primitive "things" (scalars, arrays, hashes) will have 'vtables'
(table of functions that do the work). So in that sense an array as in @foo
can be an "object" at some level of meaning while not being an "object"
at the perl level.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons