Karl Glazebrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> o Why do I think perl has too much line noise? Because of code like this:
>
>   @{$x->{$$fred{Blah}}}[1..3]

This is indeed horrible.  However, I fail to see how cutting out the
"line noise" would make it easier to decipher (I can, however, see how
splitting it into several expressions, possibly after signing travel
papers for the programmer, would improve it immeasurably).  Could you
post the proposed "new code", along with explanations of the proposed
syntax?

That way us "people will die of suffocation at speeds above 12kmh"
old-fashioned perl4-head !@#$&*#@$[->}})[-lovers will have a concrete
proposal in front of our eyes.  I contend that any consistently
extendable proposal will lead to horrors at least on the scale of the
example above.

I hate the example above!  Please prove me wrong!

[...]

--
Ariel Scolnicov        |"GCAAGAATTGAACTGTAG"            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Compugen Ltd.          |Tel: +972-2-6795059 (Jerusalem) \ We recycle all our Hz