(Off-topic for this list, but I'm not sure where else to send it)

Could we have a discussion somewhere of useful filtering rules for all
these perl6 lists? Specifically, I'm looking to steal other people's
.procmailrc snippets. I imagine that a lot of people have written their
own, and everything I do in that @#$!! config language breaks the first
four times I try it (partly because my mail directory is NFS mounted in
a place where NFS locks permanently hang any process attempting to use
them).

Ask posted a very nice rule to perl6-announce:

=for procmail

I added another header to the perl6-all mails. X-Mailing-List-Name
will contain the original list name, san -help and whatnot.

So the recommended procmail filter rule would now be:

:0:
* ^Mailing-List: contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]; run by ezmlm
perl/$MATCH

or something like that.

Enjoy,

 - ask

=cut

(perhaps there is a discussion on perl6-all, which I do not subscribe
to?)

Just for perl6-language, I use:

=for procmail

:0:/tmp/sfink.locks/language.lock
* ^[EMAIL PROTECTED]
{
        SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject:`

        :0 c
        * ^TOsfink
        | formail -f -i "Subject: (COPY) $SUBJECT" >>$HOME/mbox

        :0
        perl6-language
}

=cut

That's so if anyone is replying to a message I posted deep in some
subthread, I don't miss it (because I *always* read the group threaded;
the traffic would overwhelm me otherwise.) But I probably have the locks
backwards or something.

I think I may have to subscribe to the firehose (perl6-all) and use
something closer to Ask's filter, though.

Can someone tell me how to fetch a digest of an existing subgroup and
split it into separate messages? I know, there are examples that do
things like this, but I'm hoping to be lazy and just steal someone
else's working rule.

Thanks!