That could be very nice. I would really prefer changing parameters
through the API, by calling class functions or something, but I don't
see why everyone should agree with me. Keeping source-editable
parameters in a standard place would then be a win, especially
considering your thoughts about the module install system.

What about Foo::Configuration?

/Cajo.

At 13.35 -0400 2000-08-25, David Corbin wrote:
>There are several modules I've run across that require you to edit them
>after you've installed them.  I consider this to be a very bad thing.
>What I'm thinking is needed, is a standard way to have a file in the
>module package that contains the editable parameters.  The name of this
>file should be consistent relative to the module.  The module install
>system should NEVER overwrite it, but should identify when some
>configurable item is needed by a new revision that isn't in the old one
>and warn the user.
---
Carl Johan Berglund, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 0708-136 236
Adverb Information, http://www.adverb.se, 08-555 788 30