Damian Conway wrote:
> I have a draft RFC that proposes that the LIST argument of a
> grep be optional in a hash slice, and default to the key list
> of the sliced hash. So:

That's a waste of RFC paper, Damian.  But let's generalize it a bit,
and say that Perl6 should have a standard intrinsic mechanism --
perhaps just an extension of C<caller> -- which allows any sub to
get whatever details it wants on its calling context.
"Was I called in list context as the index of a hash slice?  What hash?"
This would allow any user func (not to mention built-ins) to decide for
itself what its default arguments should be.

--
John Porter

        We're building the house of the future together.