> No overloading of f($arg) basing on ref($arg)

> There are several proposals to switch the meaning of C<f($arg)> basing on
> the whether $arg is an array reference or not.  For example, it is tempting
> to allow C<$array[[2,3]]> denote the same as C<$array[2][3]>.

Ilya-

I know I'd personally appreciate at least a list of those RFCs that do
what you're talking about in the REFERENCES section. Which ones are you
referring to, and why do feel they are bad?

Personally, I think it might be more effective for everyone to hash this
out in discussion rather than by counter-RFCs; I think the discussions
have been pretty good at reaching sensible consensus so far.

I'm sure you have some valid points; I just don't have any context to
try and evaluate them in currently, so clarification would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate