On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 01:16:43AM -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> Huh?  And what if it's a built-in?  What if it's not quite a built-in,
> but an import?  What if you don't *know* whether it's a built-in?

Easy enough, built-ins shouldn't be special (I'm speaking in general,
not just when interpolated).  They should be able to be called like
any other subroutine and even take a reference.  They can continue to
be differenciated from defined funtions with the CORE:: prefix.  The
caveats and special cases surrounding built-ins are argument enough
for their syntactical unification with functions.  Hasn't anyone RFC'd
this?

And yes, the distinction between quoted and unquoted context is
beginning to blur.  This is not necessarily a Bad Thing.  I'm sure Old
School C programmers thought it was the End Of The World when it was
proposed that scalars and arrays should interpolate.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse