Piers Cawley wrote:
> Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > "use less 'rolled_loops';" sounds really weird.
>
> We obviously need to introduce a synonymous
> C<use fewer 'rolled_loops'> for when we want to be grammatically
> correct. Or am I just being silly now?

Or have perl enforce the correct grammar.

% perl -w
use less 'calories';
syntax error at - line 1, near "use less"
Execution of - aborted due to compilation errors.

But on a tangential note: has anyone proposed letting
functions, perhaps by prototype, allow the autoquoting
of arguments?  Why should we not be able to write

        use fewer sewers;

and have it dwim?

--
John Porter

        Aus des Weltalls ferne  funken Radiosterne.